Cosmetic Surgeon in Dallas
Dr. John Standefer MD, FACS
Meet Medical Director & Owner of Fresh Image Cosmetic Surgery Center and Med Spa in Dallas, Texas.
Dr. John A. Standefer has 36 years of experience and is double board-certified with the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and the American Board of Otolaryngology. He has successfully performed over 8,000 facial procedures. His success is a composite of extensive small nuances that are only acquired with the experience of thousands of face and neck procedures.
Dr. Standefer was born and raised in Hillsboro, Texas. He received his B.S. from Texas A&M University in 1974 and his MD degree from the University of Texas Health Science Center in 1978. After completing his internship and residency at Bexar County Hospital, Dr. Standefer opened his practice in Duncanville in 1983 with a specialty in Otorhinolaryngology (Head & Neck Surgery).
In 1998, Dr. Standefer became passionate about helping patients look and feel their best, so he completed a second specialty in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. He served as Chief of Surgery for Charlton Methodist Hospital from 1996 to 1999 and as Medical Director of Premier Surgery of Duncanville from 1988 to 1996. Dr. Standefer has also held various positions at Methodist Medical Center Dallas and Columbia Medical Hospital.
As one of best facial and neck cosmetic surgeons in Dallas, Dr. Standefer has written and presented many papers on head and neck surgery and facial cosmetic surgery. Keeping current through continuing education courses provided by the medical societies is important to Dr. Standefer. RealSelf has chosen him as a RealSelf Top Doctor for the past several years. In 2019, Dr. Standefer won 2nd place in the International Euromedicom 7th Anti-Aging and Beauty Trophy Conference, for Best Surgical Facial Rejuvenation. As the Medical Director at Fresh Image Cosmetic Surgery Center, Dr. Standefer focuses on providing patients with natural-looking results and remarkable care throughout their entire experience.
Memberships & Community
Dr. Standefer is an active member of the following societies:
• Dallas County Medical Society
• Texas Medical Association
• American Academy of Facial Plastic Reconstructive Surgery
• American Academy of Otolaryngology–Head & Neck Surgery
• American College of Surgeons
• The AAFPRS Founders Club
His professional activities include:
• Fellow American College of Surgeons
• Former Chair of the pro bono committee of The American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
• Former Member of the Executive Committee, Chief of Surgery, Charlton Methodist Hospital
• Former City of Duncanville Health Officer
• Board Certified American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
• Board Certified American Board of Otolaryngology
• Medical Director, Fresh Image Center Cosmetic Surgery